When you first purchase a vehicle, you shouldn’t expect it to last 200,000 miles or more without maintenance along the way. There are oil changes and other things needed to keep it mobile. You can think of your air conditioning unit the same. If you fail to do the necessary checks and maintenance over time, you should expect things won’t end well.
With over 20 years of experience in the HVAC industry, we’ve seen it all. There are some of our Portland-area customers who complete A/C tune-ups in a timely fashion and others who don’t and find they have more significant problems on their hands. In fact, after going back over our records, we found that over 53 percent of all A/C repair calls could have been prevented with regular maintenance.
It’s why we recommend our 19-point Precision Tune-Up and Safety Inspection, which includes a run-down of essential maintenance tasks that can reduce the likelihood of repairs. Here are more details on what you can expect from our technicians.
If you don’t take advantage of an A/C tune-up service, here’s what you can expect:
- Unit breakdowns: A/C tune-ups quality as preventative maintenance and can also catch minor issues before developing into more significant problems. We’d much rather you invest in frequent tune-ups over the course of the year instead of expensive repairs or possibly even replacements.
- Higher utility bills: Without A/C tune-ups, your system has to work harder to stay in operation. This means higher cooling costs.
- Strange noises: You may hear buzzing or whistling sounds when your unit kicks on. These noises could be a sign of damaged blades or a dying motor.
- Warmer temperatures: An A/C that has missed its tune-up could blow warm air into your home. This is not ideal, especially as outdoor temperatures continue to rise. Feeling warm air coming out of your vents could mean your air filter needs to be changed or your coils need to be cleaned.
- Foul odors: Fungus build-up, wet filters, and other possible problems could cause your air conditioner to blow unpleasant scents around your home.
- High humidity: A/C units are excellent at controlling high humidity levels inside your home, but when yours is not working correctly, you can expect sticky and humid conditions.
In every case above, you’ll want to contact a cooling expert to come out right away to assess any possible damage to your system. The good part is, at Heat Relief, our 19-point Precision Tune-Up and Safety Inspection is only $179. You’ll also receive our 100 Percent Satisfaction or Your Money Back Guarantee. The tune-up, safety inspection, and professional cleaning of your system should take about an hour to complete. Don’t delay your A/C tune-up any longer. Schedule an appointment with our team today by calling (503) 877-1713.